Happy Valentine’s Day! Today I’m excited not because I’m expecting to receive anything, but because this little surprise will be popping up in a few dear friends’ mailboxes. I’m hoping I packed these sweet treats so there aren’t any “broken hearts,” but it’s the thought that counts, right? Be sure to check back today around lunchtime for my Shortbread + Jam Hearts cookie recipe, and keep reading for more pics and the how-to instructions! xoxo
Valentine’s Cookie Boxes
- Favor kit (with treat bags and bottom plates)
- Foam heart glitter stickers
- Glitter tape in pink and red
- Martha Stewart Craft tags
- Natural cooking twine
- Paper crinkle in red
- White 4x4 boxes
- Shortbread + Jam Heart Cookies
*All materials available at Michaels.
- Put together the boxes (they come flat).
- Affix one heart sticker to each tag.
- Insert plates into treat bags.
- Carefully place a set of 4 cookies into each treat bag.
- Cut lengths of cooking twine, about 6-8 inches each. Thread each length through a tag and knot.
- Twist the top of each treat bag to enclose cookies, then secure with a length of twine, tag facing forward. Knot again and let the ends fall loose.
- Place each cookie bag into a box, then carefully surround with paper crinkle.
- Close box and secure with two lengths (about 4-inches each) of glitter tape, one in pink and one in red. Form an “x” across the front of the box.