I kill indoor plants. But, I’m happy to report these succulents and cacti are still alive and well! I love the bit of constant greenery they provide inside my home, not to mention they require almost zero attention (a definite plus if you happen to have a black thumb). Do you keep plants or succulents in your home? Here are a few super simple tips for creating your own succulent “garden”…
- Select a variety of succulents in different heights and shapes for some interest.
- Choose several small vessels or just one larger one to cluster the plants together. Mine are actually glass votive holders from Pottery Barn, but I also love these neon mini planters I found on Etsy.
- Fill the bottom of each cup or pot with soil, then press the plants in and pat additional soil on top.
- Water the succulents sparingly, being careful not to over water them. Be sure to allow the soil to dry completely between waterings.
- Place the succulents in a well-lighted area so they can soak up as much natural light as possible.
Succulents planted in tiny vessels also make great gifts for friends and family!